How I connect to God
Morning Readings & Meditation (15 minutes)
- Daily Scripture, Daily Inspiration, Daily Prayer http://jesuitprayer.org/
- Read: Answers in the Heart Daily Meditation, Hazelden
- Read: The Language of Letting Go -- by Melody Beatty
Morning Checkin (45 minutes)
- Feelings: Feelings Inventory
- Honesty: What person, place, situation or thing is bothering me most?
- Powerlessness: What do I feel powerless over; what is making my life unmanageable?
- Surrender: What am I willing to surrender?
- Acceptance: What am I willing to accept?
- Gratefulness: What am I grateful for?
- Hopefulness: What am I hopeful for?
- Journal: I journal about readings from Daily Scripture, Answers in the Heart or The Language of Letting Go
- End with Serenity Prayer & Surrender Prayer
- Make an Accountability call by 11am
Mid Day – Daily Examen (15 minutes)
Praying the "Examen" (Prayed daily at noon)
- Calm Yourself -- Feel the air move in and out of your lungs
- Give Thanks -- List at least three things you are thankful for
- List your Feelings felt during the morning. What were your feelings and where/when were they present?
- Focus on One Feeling -- Ask God to use it to teach you. Maybe the Message is?
- Look Forward (Rest of the Day) Ask God to help you Live Well. "God please help me to ..."
- Make an accountability call by 5pm
End of Day or before I retire at Night (15 minutes)
Mini 11th step
Ask Myself --
- Is some person, place, thing or situation bothering me?
- Was or am I resentful, selfish, dishonest or afraid?
- Do I owe an apology?
- Do I need to grant forgiveness (myself or others)?
- Have I kept something to myself that should be discussed with my sponsor or an accountability partner?
- Was I kind and loving towards all?
Then Ask God --
- After review, ask for God’s forgiveness and inquire what corrective actions should be taken?
- Ask God to direct your thinking, especially that it be divorced from self-pity, dishonest or self-seeking motives.
- If I face indecision I ask God for inspiration, an intuitive thought or a decision.
- I ask for guidance throughout the next day or through the day to be shown what my next step is, and that I be given whatever I need to take care of such problems. I especially ask for freedom from self will.
- End with 11th Step Prayer